Rules & Policies
- We do not offer credit and/or refunds for cancelled classes due to holiday, vacation, illness, weather or any other reason. Power In Motion does not issue refunds. All sales are final for any product and/or service purchased and/or provided by Power In Motion.
- Upon arrival your child needs to place all their items in a cubby located underneath the windows.
- Please encourage the younger children to use the restrooms prior to class so they are not loosing valuable class time using the bathrooms.
- Each class begins with warm-ups. This is a very important part of gymnastics to assure that your child’s body is properly warmed-up to prevent injury. Therefore, be sure to arrive a few minutes early so your child does not miss warm-ups.
- Please allow our instructors to instruct the class and your child; there is a progressive curriculum and skills for each level. Do not try to talk to your child during class. It is important for them to keep their focus and attention on the class goals.
- Expect repetition of various skills.
- No gum, candy, food or drinks are permitted in the gym.
- Make sure your child is dressed properly for class. (ie. Shorts, t-shirts, warm-up pants or leotards). Your child needs to be able to move their arms and legs freely. Leotards are not required, but we do have them available to purchase.
- Children’s hair should always be pulled securely away from their face.
- For your child’s safety, please remove all jewelry. Stud earrings are allowed, no dangles.
- Valuable items should not be brought to the gym. Power in Motion will not be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Parents, please come in to drop off and pick up your children. We will insist that they wait inside for their rides.
- Make sure your child arrives on time to the scheduled lesson. Warm-up is an important part of gymnastics to assure that the child’s body is properly warmed-up to prevent injury.
- After your child is called to class, parents are more than welcome to stay and watch. We have viewing available on the lower level and extra viewing on the upper level. To reach the upper level please access the steps located to the left of the lower viewing level.
- This is a smoke free environment. Thank you in advance for not smoking inside the building!
- No parents should be on the gym floor unless taking class with their child or assisting them during open gym. If you have any questions or need something, please speak with someone in the office. If there is an emergency contact the office.
- Please make sure that your child does not bring valuable items to the gym. Power In Motion will not be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- If you know that your child will be absent from class, please call us ahead of time. If your child is sick, please call the office at your earliest convenience. We are then able to leave a note for the instructor letting them know they will be missing.
You MUST contact the office before your child's scheduled class to inform them of your child not attending to receive a make-up class.
- Make-ups are allowed when the requested class size permits.
- You must pre-register for make-up classes through the office.
- Make-up classes do not transfer to future months.
- We will not offer make-up classes for missed make-up classes.
- No credits or refunds will be given for classes not made up.
(Recreational Classes Only*)
Open Gym Rules
- NO food, gum, or beverage of any kind allowed in gym area.
- No throwing equipment or rough housing.
- The climbing rope and rings should be kept stationary, and not used to swing on.
- Parents please come in to drop off or pick up your children. We insist on all children waiting inside for their rides. Please be prompt in picking your child up.
- To ensure a pleasant experience for all guests, we reserve the right to remove any guest who is exhibiting improper behavior (yelling/screaming/horseplay/fighting, etc.)
- Do not try new skills at open gym. Work on skills you know.
- Trampoline MUST be supervised at all times.
- Only one person on the trampoline at a time.
- Listen to directions. Make sure you understand what skill you are attempting.
- No “Horse Play” or “Fooling Around.”
- No bouncing or jumping off trampoline onto the floor.
- Avoid bouncing too high. Stay in control.
- DO NOT exceed your ability level. Ask an instructor if you want to try a new skill.
- Make sure pit is clear of people and objects before entering.
- NO head first entries.
- Always land on feet, seat or back as if sitting in a chair.
- Make sure area is properly fluffed.
- DO NOT pick foam.
- DO NOT land with straight legs. Land with legs bent and apart.
- DO NOT bury yourself in the pit. Keep your head above the pit foam.
- Hands must be on the bars at all times.
- No hanging on the bars by only your knees.
- No walking on the bars with just your feet.